Why do you need Terminology Management?
Your corporate terminology is who you are – it’s an integral part of your company culture and branding. But the reality is that, all too often, terminology is left to manage itself. However, as many companies have learned at their own expense, when it comes to terminology management, prevention is better than cure.
By standardizing and regulating the use of terminology, you will be able to:
- Improve the quality of your multilingual corporate content.
- Avoid costly miscomprehensions caused by incorrect usage of terms.
- Facilitate translation work in other languages.
Try asking yourself these questions:
- Are you in control of your corporate terminology?
- Is your terminology consistent across company departments and communication channels? (i.e. does your marketing department use the same terminology as your technical documentation department?)
- Do you know whether terminology is applied consistently across your multilingual content?
- Has your corporate terminology been validated and approved?
- Do you have a central repository for your corporate terminology?
If you answered “no” to any of the above, you might like to consider our Terminology Management Service.
A Comprehensive Terminology Management Service
When it comes to terminology management, there is no “one size fits all” approach. Every company has different needs and requirements, not to mention budgets!
Our in-house terminology consultants are ready to support you through every step of the process, from your initial assessment and preparation to implementation and hosting.
At first, the idea of implementing an enterprise-wide terminology management system may seem daunting. At Arancho Doc we can help you understand how to get started, perhaps with a pilot project, so you can then decide whether to extend the approach to your entire company.
Our Suite of Terminology Management Services
Depending on your situation and requirements, you can choose from any combination of the following services:
- Terminology Audit – our consultants will analyze your existing company terminology to evaluate the quality and quantity of existing terms.
- Terminology Management Specifications – we can perform a needs analysis and propose the best solution for your specific situation.
- Terminology Extraction – we can help create a basis for terminology management by extracting terms from your legacy documentation.
- Terminology Clean-Up – our terminologists will clean and standardize your existing terminology.
- Termbase Definition and Set-Up – we can help you define the optimum structure for your specific business situation and engineer the settings of your chosen terms to your requirements.
- Termbase Population – our consultants will prepare your existing terminology so that it can be easily imported into the new termbase structure.
- Translation of Terms – we can translate your source terminology into any combination of target languages.
- Coordination of Validation Process – we can manage the validation process in collaboration with your local in-country representatives.
- Termbase Hosting – if you don’t want the hassle and expense of installing and implementing a terminology solution, we can offer you a hosted one.
Do you need help managing your corporate terminology? Feel free to contact us!